Alumni & Community
The UNSW Law Alumni Network comprises a wealth of resources for UNSW Law Graduates. We are a vibrant community that aims to offer excellent networking opportunities in Australia and around the globe. With our QS World University Ranking as the 14 th best law school in the world, UNSW Law boasts proud graduates that have reached senior positions in the legal, business, and government and non-government sectors in Australia and internationally.
If you loved studying at UNSW find out how you can continue to care and interact with the various programs and events we host every year. Whether you are in Australia or overseas – we have active network groups in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Indonesia, the UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA - there are many ways to stay informed and updated on what UNSW Law is up to:
- Alumni Magazine
- Class reunions
- International gatherings
- Be sure to keep your contact details current (update your details now)
The Law Alumni Network organises a range of different events and programs throughout the year. Look out for the following events in early 2014:
- Student Alumni Networking Breakfast
- Come and chat with current students over a coffee with the Dean and fellow alumni at our CBD campus. This is a great way to network and hear about new developments within the school as well as an excellent opportunity for current students to get an idea of where our alumni are working now. We encourage you to embrace this chance to give back by offering a bit of your time to mentor and advise current students on your own experiences and choices you made post graduation.
- Look Who’s Talking
- The UNSW Law Alumni's Look Who’s Talking series examines the different life and career experiences of our alumni working in numerous positions across the legal, financial, government or business sectors. This event is a great resource and offers a wealth of information on the different types of career paths you may take with a Law degree. Each series hosts a new topic so take advantage of this opportunity and stay tuned for what’s to come!
- Hal Wootten Lecture
- The annual Hal Wootten Lecture was established in 2006 by UNSW Law in honour of founding dean, Emeritus Professor Hal Wootten. This annual lecture is usually given by a lawyer, judge, former high court justice or professor who is globally renowned in his or her field. This lecture is often a highlight of the year and commemorates Hal Wootten's founding vision for the Law School.
- Drinks and Gatherings throughout the year
- Check out this video of our most recent event.
As UNSW Law Alumni we recognise our responsibility as leaders among our peers. Each year Law graduates continue to inspire us with the work they do and the creative ways they give back to the university and community. Check out the Open Doors Campaign our alumni have started. The campaign has raised tens of thousands of dollars to go towards annual law scholarships for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. What can you do to inspire people and give back? It could be student mentoring, judging competitions or attending a speakers’ forum. We’d love to hear from you at our next alumni event!
All graduates of UNSW Law are members of the Alumni Network. Previous UNSW Law staff are also eligible to join.
Alumni membership is free, and entitles you to participate in the activities and services.
You can help us keep our UNSW Law alumni active in the following ways:
- Keep your contact details current ( update your details now)
- Come along to Law alumni events
- Be involved in Law School activities such as mentoring, competition judging and speakers’ forums
- Join the committee in Sydney or help form a group in other parts of Australia and overseas.
For more information, contact the Law Alumni Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the UNSW Law LinkedIn group now!