Transfer from another university | Law

Transfer from another university

Students enrolled in a degree at another university who have completed a minimum of one year of full-time study in their program can apply via UAC to transfer to a Law dual degree program.

All students submitting an application to transfer into Law at UNSW via UAC will be required to sit the Law Admission Test.

Students will be assessed on their secondary rank (ATAR or equivalent), tertiary rank (based on a minimum of 0.75 full time equivalent study in a degree program) and LAT result.

Entry is very competitive and students generally require an ATAR in the high 90s and a grade point average of 6.0 (distinction) in their university studies.

How to apply?

Students at a university other than UNSW will need to:

1.      Register for the Law Admission Test at

2.      Apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) at

UAC Code: UNSW Law dual degree - 426000 or Music/Law 426050

Can I receive credit for completed study?

Students can receive credit for previous study but the level of credit will depend on the courses undertaken and the university where the courses were studied. Credit is normally determined at enrolment. Successful transfer applicants will be granted exemptions from equivalent courses completed elsewhere, but will only be eligible for a maximum of 48 units of credit at UNSW, which is one year.