Open up a world of opportunity and possibility with the UNSW JD (Juris Doctor). The UNSW JD is the professional law degree for graduates of disciplines other than law, or with a law degree from an overseas institution. The JD provides the basis for admission to legal practice, as well as a wide range of careers in government, business, legal and social policy, or international relations.
Why choose the UNSW JD?
- Set yourself apart with a degree from the Law School ranked 13th in the world in the 2016 QS World University Rankings.
- Join a mature cohort of students with proven proficiency in tertiary study.
- Study 17 compulsory courses and 7 elective law courses giving you the depth and breadth of study to set you apart in today’s competitive careers market.
- Enrol in an exclusively postgraduate degree for graduates of disciplines other than law.
- Have the opportunity to apply for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) and full-fee places.
- The JD can lead to admission to legal practice internationally and is valued by employers around the world.
- A comprehensive and established social justice program of internships and clinical legal practice onsite at Kingsford Legal Centre (KLC) or at a range of other local and international organisations.
- UNSW JD and Oxford University Faculty of Law have signed a memorandum of understanding to give UNSW JD students the opportunity to graduate with two internationally recognised qualifications in just three and a half years - the UNSW JD and the Oxford Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) or Masters in Law and Finance (MLF).
- Those with a degree in law from a different legal system may also apply for the UNSW JD.
- Study at Australia's leading Law School.